River Crossing place

Marked on 1843 OS map A ford is marked here on the 1843 Ordnance Survey map. It links to a track from Birgham on the north side of the Tweed and on the south side it appears to have once lined up with the road to Shidlaw. The Parsonage was built over the track.

Birgham (meaning place of a bridge or river crossing) is an ancient settlement; recent archaeology dates it at least as far back as the 1200s.

River Crossing Place
X